Wednesday, January 25, 2012

my chinese new year

i have always love Chinese year. apart from the ang pao's that i received from my mom's customer, there is this specialty of the new year that made me feel like im celebrating it too.  i grew up helping my mom since i was seven and now that im turning 20 , that makes 13 years of my life going through the same thing on every new year. ill be looking forward to reach the kitchen at the back of the house, hoping to see if aunty Ros was there, and when i see her busy cooking then i feel, this new year will be good. she saw growing up from my nerdy days when i was still had my specs on and at that moment, i didn't had to look down whenever i talk to her because we were standing at the same height.But now, i am so much taller that she had to say the same line again and again every year. " you're growing up too fast, so tall and im already aging."

sigh im getting old too you know.

but every year, i wished i could spend every morning of my new year there. i don't care if i would have to help my mom till i'm married. but that what makes my new year a fruitful one.

 

then ill be heading to aunty Mabel's house. she used to live in a very old houses but she had to shift since the government wanted to rebuild her old place. and now she's here at the 19th story. cant help it but to snap this beautiful scenery!


and if you're wondering what i do whenever i say ill be helping my mom. is to put the satay sticks on the burner like this! 
looks damn yummy right ;D

gong xi fa cai to my chinese friends!

No comments: